Economic Injury Disaster Loan application
Some of you may wish to take advantage of these loan funds – they seem to essentially be a grant–with some strings attached. It appears that small business owners and non-profit organizations are welcome to apply. If you fall into any of these categories, I encourage you to look into the program:
- Applicant is a business with not more than 500 employees.
- Applicant is an individual who operates under a sole proprietorship, with or without employees, or as an independent contractor.
- Applicant is a cooperative with not more than 500 employees.
- Applicant is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), as defined in 15 U.S.C. 632, with not more than 500 employees.
- Applicant is a tribal small business concern, as described in 15 U.S.C. 657a(b)(2)(C), with not more than 500 employees.
- Applicant is a business, including an agricultural cooperative, aquaculture enterprise, nursery, or producer cooperative, that is small under SBA Size Standards found at https://www.sba.gov/size-standards.
- Applicant is a business with more than 500 employees that is small under SBA Size Standards found at https://www.sba.gov/size-standards.
- Applicant is a private non-profit organization that is a non-governmental agency or entity that currently has an effective ruling letter from the IRS granting tax exemption under sections 501(c),(d), or (e) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, or satisfactory evidence from the State that the non-revenue producing organization or entity is a non-profit one organized or doing business under State law, or a faith-based organization.
Here’s the link: https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources#section-header-2
Paycheck Protection Program:
Small businesses and sole proprietorships affected by the Covid 19 can also apply for loans under the federal Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) beginning Friday.Starting April 10, independent contractors and self-employed individuals can apply.The application can be found here on the Treasury site, along with details for borrowers and lenders. Treasury urged those in need of funding to apply quickly, noting that the program has a cap and demand is likely to be high.If you need help with these applications, please let us know!